This Agreement and the Supplements referred to herein shall apply to all visits by your Dog to Camp Lisa.
Services: Camp Lisa (CL) agrees to provide cage-free boarding for the animal(s) set forth in the Individual Dog Profile, and to provide other services as agreed to by and between the Pet Parent and CL at the rate agreed upon.
Payment for Services: You agree to pay us for the Services we provide to your dog during each visit at the rates set forth at the start of such visit. Prices are subject to change without notice and seasonal rates may apply. Charges begin on the day you drop off your dog. Unless other arrangements have been made by Camp Lisa, payment for services rendered is due at the time the dog is picked up. Camp Lisa only accepts cash or local checks; we do not accept credit cards. In the event you do not pay your bill at the time of your dog’s departure, Camp Lisa will return your dog to you, however you understand you will remain liable for all charges incurred during your dog’s stay, and Camp Lisa reserves the right to collect any unpaid balance.
Emergencies: You need to provide the name and contact information of an adult, over the age of 18, to make decisions on behalf of your dog in case we are unable to reach you. In an emergency, Camp Lisa will use reasonable efforts to contact you, your dog’s veterinarian, or the emergency contact provided to Camp Lisa by you. You hereby authorize, acknowledge, and agree that your dog’s veterinarian or your emergency contact person has your full and complete authority to make all decisions, including expenditure of funds, for and on behalf of you and your dog. In certain situations, an emergency might not provide the time for Camp Lisa to contact you, your dog’s veterinarian or your emergency contact person prior to the administration of care. You therefore authorize Camp Lisa to obtain medical attention for your dog from any qualified veterinarian and to transport your dog to and from such veterinarian when Camp Lisa, at its sole discretion, deems such medical care to be important to your dog’s health. You grant Camp Lisa and its staff full authority, at its sole discretion, to make decisions involving the medical treatment of your dog and agree to pay for all related costs. In the event that complications, injury or the death of your dog may occur due to you refusing veterinarian recommended care, Camp Lisa shall not be held responsible.
Unless agreed to in writing, the owner entrusts Camp Lisa to use its best judgment in caring for the parent’s pet(s). Should any decision affecting the handling of the pet become necessary as the result of inclement weather or other natural causes relating to such decision, Camp Lisa, its agents, and employees shall use reasonable judgment given the circumstances of the event or happening.
Dog Health and Behavior: Camp Lisa reserves the right to refuse service to any dog at any time and for any reason including, without limitation, dogs that lack proof of proper vaccination, having untreated or potentially contagious health conditions, or demonstrate aggressive behavior or behavior that could jeopardize the health or safety of other dogs or staff.
- Pet parent represents that the dog(s) are in good health and have not been ill with any communicable diseases within the last thirty (30) days, and that the animal(s) have all current shots:
* Rabies – required every year or every three (3) years depending on your vet.
* DHLPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus) – required every year.
* Bordetella (Kennel Cough) – required every six (6) months.
* If your dog has had a Titer Test, bring a copy of the test as proof of vaccination.
On admission, all dogs must be free from any condition which would potentially jeopardize other guests.
- You acknowledge and agree that while Camp Lisa maintains strict guidelines for dog safety and health, Camp Lisa’s staff members are not veterinarians and do not have backgrounds in animal medicine and are not expected to detect illnesses in dogs.
- Communicable diseases: all dogs coming into Camp Lisa are required to be vaccinated. However, it is still possible for a dog to become ill, even if vaccinated. This is not due to any circumstance or condition at Camp Lisa and you agree that Camp Lisa and any staff members are not liable for any illness suffered by your dog during or after its stay, including but not limited to Tracheobronchitis (Canine cough).
- Unless you otherwise notified CL in writing, you hereby represent and warrant to Camp Lisa that your dog is spayed or neutered.
Contact with other dogs: While your dog is staying at Camp Lisa or being cared for outside of our facility, he or she may come into contact with other dogs. Every effort will be made to ensure the safety of our guests.
- You acknowledge and agree that in the unlikely event your dog is injured by another dog, you will not hold CL responsible for the injury.
- If your dog injures another dog, you will be solely responsible for any injury to the other dog(s) as well as your own dog.
- The pet may be isolated and kept apart from other animals, should Camp Lisa in its reasonable belief or the reasonable belief of its employees or other agents, determine that the animal may be in danger or may endanger other animals by virtue of its conduct, behavior or aggressive propensities. Pet parent understands that Camp Lisa desires to maintain the health, reasonable care and comfort of all animals within its care facility, and to adequately provide for the safe keeping of such animals in which they have custody.
Your representations to us: You represent to us that you are to owner of the dog and that you are fully authorized to enter into this Agreement. All of the information about you and your dog in this Agreement is true, accurate and complete.
Abandoned Dog Process: Unless otherwise required by law, failure to pick up your dog on the designated departure date:
- All services, with exception of medication administration necessary to ensure your dog’s health and safety, for such dog other than Boarding will be terminated.
- We will attempt to contact you by telephone and/or writing using the information that you have provided, advising you that if your dog is not picked up within a reasonable time period, your dog will be deemed to be abandoned and that we will deliver the dog to a third party adoption partner, Animal Control or another similar government agency. In no event shall Camp Lisa have further responsibility for the dog.
- You shall remain liable to us for all unpaid charges including the court costs and reasonable attorney’s fees incurred in the collection of the charges.
Video & Photography: You agree to allow Camp Lisa to use your dog’s name and any images or likeness of your dog taken while your dog is under the care of Camp Lisa, in any form or format, for use, at any time, in any media, marketing, advertising, illustration, trade or promotional materials. You agree that this provision is binding on you and all of your successors, your heirs, your administrators, your personal representatives and your assigns.
Assumption of Risk: YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE ASSUMING ALL RISK OF ILLNESS, DISEASE, HARM OR OTHERWISE TO YOUR DOG BY ALLOWING YOUR DOG TO STAY AT AND BE CARED FOR BY CAMP LISA. CAMP LISA WILL EXERCISE REASONABLE CARE OF YOUR DOG DURING ITS STAY AND IN CONNECTION WITH PROVISION OF SERVICES AND, IF APPLICABLE, DURING TRANSPORT AND OFFSITE HANDLING. IF YOUR DOG IS INJURED OR OTHERWISE HARMED OR DIES, WHETHER DURING ITS STAY, DURING THE PROVISION OF SERVICES BY CAMP LISA, DURING TRANSPORTATION TO OR FROM CAMP LISA, OR DURING CARE OUTSIDE CAMP LISA FACILITIES BY CAMP LISA STAFF OR AGENTS, YOU HOLD CAMP LISA AND ITS AGENTS HARMLESS IN THE EVENT OF ANY SUCH INJURY OR ACCIDENT. IT IS EXPRESSLY AGREED BY YOU AND CAMP LISA THAT CAMP LISA’S LIABILITY SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE SUM OF $400.00 PER DOG ADMITTED.
Indemnification: Pet parent further assures Camp Lisa that the parent’s pet is not aggressive, and has not at any time in the past harmed or shown aggression or threatening behavior towards any other person or any other pet, and there is no history of the dog(s) untoward behavior as a result of being confined in a small area. Notwithstanding such assurances, if the dog’s behavior results in any injury to persons or property, the owner shall bear full expenses resulting from such conduct. Pet parent agrees that CL shall not be liable for any loss or damage to the animal by any cause whatsoever, including fire, theft, and escape of animal. Pet parent agrees that they shall remain liable for any damages that the animal may cause, including bites, aggressive behavior, damage to other animals, or conduct of the animal, and agrees that Camp
Lisa owners and their staff will not be liable and release them and hold them harmless from any liability of any kind whatsoever arising from the owner’s dog’s attendance and participation at Camp Lisa. Pet parent assumes and understands that the pet is in an environment where other pets shall be located together in a social atmosphere, and the facility shall not be liable for the damage caused to the animal by injury or other episodes which may have been caused by or from another animal.
Miscellaneous Provisions: This written Agreement constitutes our entire and only agreement and there are no oral agreements or understanding except as provided for herein. This Agreement shall bind us and our assigns and you, your heirs, your administrators, your personal representatives and your assigns.